Originally posted by Erin Fuchs on businessinsider.com
The state of Connecticut released search warrants today revealing Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza had photos of an apparent corpse in his house.
Twenty-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 school children, six adults, and his own mother on Dec. 14 in Newtown, Conn. before finally taking his own life.
The search warrants released today provide some insight into the troubled 20-year-old. Here’s some of what was found in the home Adam shared with his mother, Nancy:
Three photos of “what appears to be a deceased human covered in plastic and what appears to be blood.”
- A check made out to Adam Lanza for the purchase of a firearm, written by Nancy Lanza, inside a holiday card
- A New York Times article from February 2008 about a shooting at Northern Illinois University
- A book called “Look Me in the Eye — My Life with Asperger’s”
- Another book called “Born on a Blue Day — Inside the Mind of an Autistic Savant”
- Another book called the “NRA Guide to the Basics Of Pistol Shooting”
- Adam Lanza’s Sandy Hook Elementary School report card
- Police also found copies of NRA certificates registered to Adam and Nancy Lanza, reports of which have prompted outrage from the NRA
The Connecticut State Attorney also released a statement this morning saying that Adam Lanza’s tragic shooting lasted just a total of five minutes.
Lanza’s rampage spurred a new debate about gun control in the United States.
Today, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg released a devastating video about gun control that featured families of the young victims, who were all 6 or 7 years old.